Sunday, July 19, 2009

Journey into the dream!

Life is a beautiful journey - just like the one in train. You meet many people, they come and go - the passing clouds, but life goes on. It was my last day in Bangalore and just a couple of days back, I had resigned my job. I was traveling in Mysore Mayiladudurai Express on way to Trichy.

With loads of baggage but no one to accompany and assist me, I felt being lonesome and helpless. The Sunday night at Bangalore City Junction is always a messy scene. Shoving the crowd with heavy bags, I successfully reached my compartment. But soon, I felt the pleasure in solitude. Inside the compartment, I could see the faces of passengers with diverse emotions - some happy of pursuing their dreams (like me), some sad of parting their near and dear ones, some indifferent (may be bcoz of frequent travels).

The iron caterpillar whistled clamorously to signal its departure. People started waving their hand, just as a sign of farewell. It was like all the people in front of my compartment sighed and bid farewell for my journey. That is one advantage when you travel alone. You can enjoy every moment and cherish the beauty of nature, people and life as a whole. I often feel or assume such dramatization happening around me, when I am alone.

It so happens that every time I get into a train alone, I wish some beautiful girl (fine, at least an OK type) should sit right in front of me. My wish list is always unbounded; after all it is a WISH list. I wished that she should somehow be related to me by some chance so that there is a possibility of a 'HI' being exchanged. I rushed through the compartment and checked the reservation chart only to see a 53 year old MAN (named George Emanuel) in the window seat right in front of mine. My wish has always been a wish and has never changed into reality even once. I know, I am no Chetan Bhagat (as in one night at call center) or Surya (as in vaaranam aayiram).

Blaming fate as usual, I started reading 'The week'. The TTE came to check our tickets. As the train reached Hosur station, a girl (needless to say, she was damn good looking and even familiar) showed a RAC ticket to the TTE. The Good old man allotted her a seat right in front of mine. Just then I came to know that the 53 year old George has not turned up (Ofcourse, I thanked God a million times). Suddenly, I heard a voice saying 'Excuse me'. With a thud in my heart, I turned to see the beauty. She brought to my attention my bottle that has leaked water and wetting the baggage area of hers. Oops... Now my turn for an excuse!

In a short time, she called again. I wondered what mistake I have made this time. She asked if I am from Trichy. I replied in the affirmative. She quickly asked if I can identify her. All of a sudden, my brain loaded her history into its RAM.. ‘Meenakshi’.. She had come to my school once for participating in Miss. Campofez contest – a cultural event for identifying the bold and the beautiful girls. We took our engineering entrance exam coaching in the same center. I found my chance for a few words to be exchanged. We started sharing our information. We were deeply engrossed in our conversation when suddenly I heard some voice asking for my ticket. The TTE had just come and the train had halted at Bangalore Cantonment station. My wish has always been a wish ...

2 comments:

I'd appreciate if you can share your comments/suggestions on improving my blogs.