Thursday, July 02, 2009

Bye Bye Nokia ...

As I had said already in my older post, the first company is usually the favorite & best for most of us. At the least, it has been true in my case. 22-May-2009 was the last working day for me at Nokia. I have often imagined this separation as the two hands in the logo moving farther rather than otherwise. :)

The agility of time in these two years is ineffable. It has been a fruitful and somewhat challenging experience here. In these two years, I have seen Nokia going through sea change - from a leading mobile company to an Internet company, though my work was not much affected by this change. ;)

The transition from 'student to employee to student again' has indeed been smooth. After bunking classes and enjoying my life to the fullest in college, this professional experience has groomed me as a matured individual to a great extent. People saw me in spotlight which made me look respectable and that pushing me to behave in an adorable manner. I realized my potential at Nokia after a dismal performance in my UG. Yet, I failed to deliver my best here once my MS plans took shape. No man can serve two masters and I was forced to serve my GRE master better (a regrettable act).

My interaction with my team was limited, thanks to the work process and me being a silent observer in most places. Even then, how can one forget the mentoring sessions, appreciations, team lunches & outings, B'Day bashes, T.T matches, wildcraft trident (farewell gift) and last but not the least - 24 x 7 internet ! Keeping all these memories with me, I am moving forward to the next phase of my life at Virginia Tech, where probably more responsibilities are waiting for me.

But before my next challenge, I would like to take a moment to thank my team for the support and wish everybody all the best. :-)

P.S: (long one.. again)
I would like to tell my pathetic performance during my farewell at Nokia. I anticipated a formal meeting where my team will wish me for my career and that I would stay casual, rather bombastic about my dream admit. I wanted to do, in fact, perform really well during my farewell. But the result was otherwise. Actually, all my team mates were totally casual and the most formal fool in the scene was 'me'. It is pathetic about the way I reacted.. in truth over-reacted ! It is still a mystery - why I am being so formal in being social? In my work atleast, is it because of my technical inability or intimidation of corporate life? The question remains ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate if you can share your comments/suggestions on improving my blogs.