The silent squalls of a common soul..
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for myself, I have eventually overcome these handicaps to devote my life to helping the helpless, cheering the cheerless, and minding the mindless.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
First Impressions !
It has been just a few days since i made it to the United States - with all excitement and expectation. As a stranger in this strange land, I have observed a few things which I would like to share with you.
1. People are friendly and ready to accept other communities
2. Friday nights and parties go hand in hand.. all souls follow the unwritten rule - get drunk and enjoy
3. Vehicles stop for pedestrians unlike in India
4. If you see someone in their eyes, they will surely smile and wish you at least a 'hi' / 'how u doing' etc. And if you do not return their greetings, you are considered too 'rude' !
5. Honking is considered insulting and if you blow your horn, you can mostly see the other party raising their middle finger against you
6. No one is in a hurry, unless they really are !
7. The buses are so punctual that you can even set the time in your watch
8. There is no biasing or discrimination based on someone's job - a server or a company CEO are treated in the same way
9. You take away a life of an american or his freedom.. both mean the same to him
10. Roads and rules reign. Starting from seat-belt to speed limit to parking lot time, once has to follow intricate rules. If not, you are busted
11. Craziest football freaks are out everywhere
12. You name a cool car, you find it somewhere near you. Cars are cheap and the main mode of transport. Surprisingly, trains are least preferred except in some places
13. Most of them work out everyday to maintain their physique
14. Dogs do not bark, crows do not caw and no animals on street
15. Last but not the least.. American chicks are extremely good looking and it is really difficult to pick the most beautiful woman in a group. And not surprisingly, they care a damn if you ogle at them or not !